1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

A yrs Retail therapy

Discussion in 'Kit Chat' started by HoboHubz, Jan 21, 2012.

1. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

Folks i thought i'd share a picture of a Yrs retail therapy, it was an interesting yr & quite a life change for me so i kept telling myself i "Deserved" them :eek: DSCF1870.jpg

Oh i also bought an inuit smock too that got nicked :eek:

2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

looks to me like you got a thing for choppers mate ;)...you got some nice,s bit,s of kit there mate well done on the shopping

3. Gangsta ov love

Gangsta ov love Very Talkative

Some good quality kit there I do like the old school knap sack type bags

4. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

Thanks chaps ;) the big chopper (logsplitter) i bought as i got a logburner installed so it is really for home use, the others i use depending on size of backpack i take :)

The spending helped me get thru :D well that's what i keep telling myself :eek:
    & i know they're good/wise buys because i use them all thru out the yr so to me that warrants the money spent :)

5. bigzitt

bigzitt Slightly Addicted

i see a few on here got them bushy hats like croc dundee........ are they practical? cuz i'm thinking of getting meself one

6. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

Bigzitt, that ones an Akubra Sombrero* ( Les Hiddins Bushtuckerman) it's too big for me (size 60) so i'll be getting rid :) & getting another, as to the practical side i like them is all i can say Bud

7. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

they keep your head cool in the summer and they keep the rain of your bonce in the winter:)

8. Shady

Shady Extremely Talkative

and you look the part when sat around a campfire with a banjo!! :D

9. Woodland

Woodland Extremely Talkative

Nice little stash there mate. Can't help noticing the hammock, I've had the Explorer for about three or four years now. What's the Safari like, it's next on my list. I also recently got a Barmah hat and I'm loving that. Interested in your bag, what is it?

10. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

In that case, I'll get one for the Bushbash. Geoff:hp-beer:

11. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

Woodland the safari is big mate at first it was strange sleeping tho as you sleep on the diaganol* but it holds my kit & three terriers :)

The bag is a Fjallraven 30 ltr you do need to wax them but it is light & sits comfy & takes my kit :)

Hats/kit are a personal choice what you like others don't, i don't care if i look a right tw@ in a hat it's not a fashion parade in woods, as long as the kit you buy you use i don't see anything wrong in it :D

12. Woodland

Woodland Extremely Talkative