1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

An easy way to always ensure you have food.

Discussion in 'Bush Tucker' started by Raym Ears, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Raym Ears

Raym Ears Slightly Talkative

I was once on an expedition with a group of people where we all had to provide our own food.

Everyone, including myself, took all the regular stuff, chocolate, corned beef etc.

About 3 days in, we had all ran out of food and started thinking about what to do next.

One of our group was sat there very smug. When asked why, he replied "I brought pilchards", "so what?" we replied.

He then told us that he "bloody hates pilchards" so he only ate them when he was starving!

He had loads left....

TOP TIP - If you don't have the discipline to ration yourself; take something you don't like!!

What a legend that man was........

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  2. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

I have personally been out with Raym ears, and can vouch for his new found ideal for rationing as he did take tins of pilchards with him, we also ended up using some of the fish oil as a lubricant..................NO NOT IN THAT SENSE, you filthy minded individuals.

3. woodstock

woodstock Quite Addicted

I find the best way of getting food at short notice is to camp next to the coop and raid thier bins one day we got 27 cakes and a case of wine with one bottle smashed

4. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

great idea!