1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

annoyances & irritations

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Chat' started by HoboHubz, Jan 29, 2012.

1. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

What don't you like/enjoy about Bushcraft, besides the rubbish & vandalism firescars left by spacktards :rolleyes:

Mine is wrapping frozen/wet ridge/guy lines & the stupid plastic clips Hennessy favour they're awful when frozen :(

2. Cavey

Cavey Very Talkative

Waking up with a frozen arse? :mad:

3. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

I don't like bad language on a Bush craft forum because it is read by scouts, guides, and children in general, it's not like a gun site for example which is read mainly by adults. Geoff (just my opinion though)

4. HillBill

HillBill Very Addicted Site Donor

The only thing i don't like about bushcraft, and its not really a bushcraft niggle, is that the UK is probably the worst country in the world to practice it in. So many restrictions on land and what you can do or where you can go.

Its one of the main reasons me and the girlfriend are planning a move to sweden.

Litter is also a pet hate too, but i find a lot of shrafters to have the same hate in this respect, and many shrafters remove litter thats not even their own. We tend to have respect for the outdoors more than many others do.

5. Cavey

Cavey Very Talkative

If I thought the A... word would cause offence I wouldn't have used it - I'd have used bum, backside, botty, fanny, tush, rear end, butt or even gluteus maximus instead. Sigh, life's too short for this b....... oops, testicular nonsense.

Also, if I knew the forum was geared towards ankle biters instead of ruffty tuffty blokes then I wouldn't have joined, but I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't now have the nicest knife I've ever owned.

Thanks Mr Hillbill (Mark) you do make lovely, lovely knifes and sheaths at very cheap prices. :cool:

6. Cavey

Cavey Very Talkative

Have you tried Scotland Mark? Although we also have limitations on open fires, we do have the 'freedom to roam' act, (one concession we fought long and hard for) which in most cases means that all of the most beautiful bits of our country are available to everyone.

"In Scotland the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 comprehensively codified into Scots law the ancient tradition of the right to universal access to the land in Scotland. The act specifically establishes a right to be on land for recreational, educational and certain other purposes and a right to cross land. The rights exist only if they are exercised responsibly, as specified in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
    Access rights apply to any non-motorised activities, including walking, cycling, horse-riding and wild camping. They also allow access on inland water for canoeing, rowing, sailing and swimming. The rights confirmed in the Scottish legislation are greater than the limited rights of access created in England and Wales by the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000"

Very similar to Sweden's laws, get some cheap practice in mate afore ye go! :D

7. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Glad you like the knife they do look nice, I have never had a decent knife but will get one like that one day.

8. HillBill

I keep meaning to take a trip to the west coast, but its a long drive and i'm always busy so its hard getting out and about to places like that. I am well aware of the right to roam, which is the main reason it'd be nice to get up there. :)

In sweden i'd be living in the forests/mountains, hunting, fishing, and all the other wonderful things you can do in a proper wilderness. Plus its the home of some of the worlds finest craftsmen so the whole thing just appeals to me, and my partner. :)

9. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

you got room for a little one mate;)

10. HillBill

You can get quality houses out in the sticks with a fair bit of land/outbuildings for under 30k ;)

11. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

let me know when you got my room sorted :D

12. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

I would be happy in one of the out buildings ;)

13. HillBill

If everything does go ahead as planned, no reason why folk can't come over ;)

Edit.. the smilies on this site look evil lol
    :)

14. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

Wonder if there's much call for a gardener in Sweden:rolleyes:

I must admit, having a place to practice bushcraft, along with the litter, is a main bugbear of mine. I may have to ask one of my customers/permissions now.