1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Bivvy Slippers

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Gazo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Anyone wear bivvy slippers around camp. Be nice to get your boots off after a long day and sit around the camp fire in a comfy pair of waterproof slippers.

I have a pair of the Skee-tex bivvy slippers from when I used to do over nighters carp fishing. very comfy and light weight made from neoprene with a nice rubber sole.

These are the ones I have.

skee0002-mp-vwd.jpg

2. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

these would be good if you need to do a stream or river crossing too. instead of getting your boots all wet. these being neoprene will dry out pretty quick too i suppose wont they?

3. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

That's one thing that really gets me about slippers when camping, they are not waterproof:mad:
    I love getting my boots/shoes off at the end of the day, whether camping or at home so these would be a good idea for me, mind you I don't think the missus agrees:eek:

4. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Your like me Ian always feels nice to get your boots off after being in them all day.
    I think the bivvy slippers are about £12 maybe cheaper if you look around and for camping they are ideal.
    Mine will be packed on any bushy's I do for sure.

5. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

That'll be one of my strange birthday requests to drop on an unsuspecting family member:D
    I checked online and can only find one place that does them and they don't have my size, mind you I just ordered a £30 hatchet from Amazon and am going on a tool buying spree tomorrow so the slippers will have to wait:D