1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Bushcraft college

Discussion in 'South West' started by Matt, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

as a few of you guys are aware i plan on starting a bushcraft training college ......ive been looking about for somewhere i can run the events from ................as i am aware plenty of people want to learn but there not that keen on staying outside in the elements ...............so Ive been looking about for accommodation for us to use (which is close to my permissions) .............................

Ive just been passed the details of this place which looks ideal for what we will want/need for the event base camp ...

The Adventure Centre - Outdoor Activities and Instructor Training - Nuns Cross Farm

i have no prices yet but will talk to the people who run the center to see whats available ..........

the center sleeps up to 36 people so if we could fill it then the price would be cheep shared out between us all ...let me know what you think guys and whether you would be up for it .............................matt

2. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

I would be up for it mate, to fill it with 36 people.............should be easy enough,

3. Matt

if we could fill it mate the cost would be £2.50 per person per night!!!!!

4. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

What you callin' the place, The Hilton, £2.50 a night eh!! I hope that included breakfast and a beer. Geoff.:hp-beer:

5. Matt

yea mate your cooking it for us :p

6. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

Walked right into that one didn't I. Bugger. Geoff.:hp-frown:

7. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

£2.50 per night??????????????

Thats dirt cheap mate, check out some of the prices of the bushcraft/survival training on these experience weekend thingys!!!!!!

8. Matt

oooppssss my mistacke mate was ment to be £250 per night:eek:...............just kidding:D.......it all depends on how many people from the forum want to go ....the cost of the farm house is £75 per night ....if only me and you go mate it will cost us £37.50 each per night .........................so what im trying to get at the more who want to go the cheaper it will be for everyone ...........matt

9. Matt

the first event that we will do from the farm house will be a tester for when myself and keiran start trading .......there for after, the cost off the training/experience..........will rise to match other companys in the same field (no pun intended)

10. Cavey

Cavey Very Talkative

That looks perfect Matty mate! :D

11. Matt

will wait till we got a few more guys interested and will prob sort an event up there in October/November (so that we get out in some extreme weather)

the way i look at it is if you train in harsh weather conditions the summer will be a breeze:D

12. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

yeah this will be great matt:D.. cant wait to meet up with all the members and share storys and learn new ticks from all you guys,,,, and if we all take a pair of y-fronts we can dance around the fire doing a little war dance pmsl:p

13. Matt

im taking a trip to princetown today to have a good look around the next winter bushcraft venue... i will take some pickys and post them on this thread....

ive started a new thread winter bushy venue ive put the pickys on the start of the thread get your names down guys the more guys that sign up the cheaper it is for all of us .........matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.