1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Bushcraft with an injury or disability

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Chat' started by Shady, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Shady

Shady Extremely Talkative

I believe that bushcraft with an injury or disability is easily possible if you have a determined state of mind. In 2008 i had a car accident which left me with a wedge fractured vertabrae, and i know what my limits are, if i cannot physically do something i will try my best to find a way to adapt to the situation and solve the problem. I know that in cold weather my back and legs hurt so much it makes me want to cry, but i feel that taking my meds along and using only when needed will leave me in the right frame of mind to do all of the activities.

There is an example that was shown on the BBC back in October called "Harry's Artic Heroes" where ex military with severe injuries went across the artic circle, yes they stuggled and one couldn't move with the cold weather but they kept going and helped each other out, this programme gave me the added incentive to do a Winter Bushcraft and to learn and experience as much as possible whilst i am there.

I know there is other members attending with health issues and i just hope we can be an inspiration to each other and show these mentalists in hammocks and tarps that we can do this too!!

2. megga

megga Extremely Talkative

A disability should not hold you back from life, the way i look at it we will all be on our death beds one day, reflecting on what we did and didn't do, all we have will be memories, so lets make them now and lets make em good ones.
    I have diabties with a pump stuck on me 24/7, got md and asthma but out of every one i know, i do the most, live life to to max and nothing holds me back (well the overhang belly that seems to be growing does its best, but thats larger's fault lol)