1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

bushy site prep..........

Discussion in 'South West' started by Matt, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

a few of you may not be aware we are moving site,s to a new place so myself and Steve will be getting out to the old site over the next few days to move the equipment to the new site

Steve will take his camera so we can get a few pickys of the summer site ....and the winter site so you all can see where the magic happens .......................matt

2. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

magic under the stars :p(um suits you sir he says) thats why they call it bushy love, i just cant get enough whoop whoop

3. Matt

my self and steve have spent the morning at the old site moving a few items to the new site .
    .the woodland has dryed out nice for the basha/hammocks ..steve has taken a few photos of the new site and the woodland and will post them on this thread for all to see ..

4. stephenjames213

this is where the basha/hammock boys will be living

Attached Files:

5. stephenjames213

this is the hillbilly tenters spot and where base camp will be for the duration

Attached Files:

6. Shady

Shady Extremely Talkative

waking up to beautiful scenery... and then steve will no doubt spoil it by taking his balaclava off :D

7. stephenjames213

one is luck im not in a come-back mood today lol;) but i will get you back rest ashore on that:p

8. Matt

for your information guys we have 3 different woodlands on site but the one in the pictures is the driest by far....

we have approx 20 fields the same size as the main camp field that you can look for your lunch on ;)...

the site is drying out nicely and i think it was a wise choice to change venues as when Steve and myself went to the old site to collect the equipment today it was touch and go to whether we could get into the main camp with the land-rover as the ground was so wet we were just sinking up to the axles in mud ...

9. Matt

just a note , whilst we were clearing the old site we stumbled across a gallon of Stan,s scrumpy (been there for 6 months ) its like rocket fuel guys ...needless to say its now at the new camp ;):D

10. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

out fro under my basha, stoke the fire a bit, then into a fresh field for some decoying..................life doesnt get much better,............Im all moist looking at those woodland pics.......................remind me again how long I can stay!

11. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

All looks great, until the snow falls. Can't wait to get there. Bought my new tent today, it's going back in the morning. Too bloody big. I didn't know they made tents in hotel sizes. Geoff:hp-beer:

12. Matt

mate we have permission to camp on the land as a when we want it so you could stay there for weeks!!!!

13. Matt

Ive spoken to the land owners today and they have confirmed that its OK for the basha boys to have a (small) fire in the woodland

14. Matt

just an update guys ... we are in the middle of sorting the camp for the summer bushy event ...bullseye has been busy at the site building demo shelters..for you guys to copy:)...will keep you all posted on developments...matt

15. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

I'd be interested in seeing pics of these demo shelters mate if you get the time?

16. Matt

will do mate ;)

17. Matt

we are out to the site again this Sunday for the day (weather permitting) i think rob plans on starting on phase 2 of his bushy housing solution,s ...i will make sure we get some picys ...matt

18. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

Nice one Matt, look forward to them:)

19. Matt

we,ll guys we spent the day on site ....robs made a good start on the second shelter ...my self and steve have moved the main camp area as we were in risk of being ram raided by the cows..(as they have to walk threw the woods to get to the stream)

we have started on the log pile for the summer bushy!!!:D

sorry guys no pickys yet as steve didnt bring his camera:(...but we will be there again next weekend for the full over night experience... will make sure we get plenty of pickys :D

20. bigzitt

bigzitt Slightly Addicted

" in risk of being ram raided by the cows..(as they have to walk threw the woods to get to the stream)"

is beef on the general licence?:p