1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

castaway....TBF style

Discussion in 'South West' started by Matt, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

So you have all seen the film castaway (Tom Hanks)....:)

think you could handle it?? (Wilson provided if needed)..

if so let us know as we are planning a bushcraft forum one off castaway special event:D:D

there have been no dates set yet as I would like to see what interest there is in this style of event before I set the wheels in motion.....

The plan is you arrive at a designated meet area and we ferry you to your own coastal castaway paradise (passports not needed)

on arrival you will be set adrift with a set of minimal supply,s /kit ....

your challenge is to last out till you are rescued/or escape the island;)

if you sign up to this event i will ask you to pm me and let me know if you are at an advanced stage of bushy skills or a beginner or in the middle:)

I will then sort you all out into teams so you will have the various skill sets to make it threw this challenge as a team..(dont panic if you have no skills and just like the idea as i will make sure you are put with a team who have the skills needed)

All teams (3) will be revealed on the day your castaway (to stop any planning before the event by team members)

I expect this event cost to be around £30 ish per person

so if you think you would be up for the challenge....add your name to this thread (forum members only)

if enough people are interested in being castaway for 4-6 days ....i will set the wheels in motion

2. BushRat

BushRat Slightly Talkative

I would love to do this but maybe in two years time when im a little older ,, dad will love this matt good job :p

3. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

PLEASE add me , i have no idea of this event , no say of anything and in the dark the same as you lot,, i have no knowlage of the location or the team members i am there as a castaway not as staff of the forum ..

4. sapper

sapper Quite Talkative

Will we be able to take food with us,or can we capture and eat the other teams?

5. Matt

you will have a staple food allowance per team member:)

6. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Put my name down too but would depend on dates for me as have a few family dos coming up over July, August, September so if they can be worked around I fancy a bit of bushcraft castaways :)

7. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

if i have to quit my job to come to this i will, it sounds like it could end up being good banter. as long as i can take my camera though because i reckon theres gunna be 1 or 2 kodac moments here haha

8. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

This sounds like the most fun you could ever get involved in, everyone should be putting their name down for this, If I were in the UK I'd be there if only for the experience.

Good luck to all who participate and hopefully there will be photos and video footage, you could possibly turn this into to a tv show if you do it right.

9. Matt

at this point im now wishing i wasnt admin on this site and organising this event as i would be we,ll up for this event lol....but someones got to sort all the bits and bobs out for you guys.....(one flaw in the plan for me is i dont like sea food:D)

10. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

uh oh looks like i might have to live on grass or sand then :hp-sick:. i cant stomach seafood lol

says the boy holding a big fish in his hands

11. Matt

im looking for 3 teams of three guys for this event ....this will be a one off event....so if your interested add your name to the list please

(1) steve
    (2) Elliot192
    (3) Gazo
    (4) sapper ?

12. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

Mate, you'll live longer and be healthier eating fish, crabs, crayfish, shell fish and seaweed than you will eating rabbit, fish has omega3 it's very good for your body/brain.

This is survival, stop ya whinging and eat ya bloody fish :)

What you need is a divers mask and a calm ocean then your guareenteed food.

An oppotunity like this is a dream come true, build a shelter within walking distance of a fresh water source, dig a longdrop, build wind barriers, gather firewood, some hunt for bugs, grubs and edible plants while others dive, spear fish, gather crabs. Get a hunter out there reading the animal sign, setting snares.
    A dream come true, everyone who posts regularly on this forum needs to take up this challange, getaway from your keyboards and get out there and do it, you only live once, take the challange while it's here, you'll be a better person for it, never regret it but you will regret it in 10years from now if you pass this up.

I cant believe that on a forum such as this there isnt a list with enough names that you could run a challange every 3 months

13. Matt

will leave this thread running for the next month to see what interest is out there ...i will then see if theres enough guys to split into teams. if not you will all be in it together!!:D

i will be looking to hold this event in either July or september,november....as you guys will be aware you cant choose when your plane crashes into the sea.:eek:.but in this case we do have some control:)

if we get enough names down for the event i would need full payment from the guys up front as i do have to make up your survival supplies kit(will let you all know when i need payment)

all people taking part in this event will be able to take a few items of kit ..

(1) sleeping bag
    (2) bivi bag or basha
    (3) swiss army knife or muti tool ...

no other items of kit will be permited!!!!......(you will have a survival kit which will wash up on the beach ) contents of the survival kit will not be disclosed to the guys on the event...:)

the event registration will end on the 31st may 2012 ...if your names not on the list by then you cant take part ....

14. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

I can't wait I love sea food and been sea fishing since I was a kid so know how to catch it and cook it. I would be more at home near the sea than I would inland when it comes to finding food :) this should be fun ;)

15. HillBill

HillBill Very Addicted Site Donor

Where abouts in the country will it be held? ( just a rough idea) Its no good me saying "i'm in" just to find out its down at lands end someplace and me then having to drop out due to distance. :)

You boys are mainly down that way, so i doubt very much it will happen up my way. But i cant decide until i know.:)

16. Matt

it will be in the devon area ish (;);))

17. HillBill

Cheers Matt. :)

Probably a bit far for me, but i'll think on it a bit and see who else takes it up. If the numbers are there then maybe. :)

18. Matt

you could always meet up with someone on the way down and share the cost of fuel mate ...makes it cheaper all round:)

19. HillBill

Yeah true enough. All depends on where folk are located, its a loooooong drive from near bradford though. :)

20. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

As vault says you will regret it in 10years from now if you pass this up.