1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

charles darwin

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by stephenjames213, Feb 17, 2012.

1. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

any one know anything about rare coins? as i have a charles darwin £2 coin, and seen on ebay they go from £20-£200 some times more

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Don't know much about that one but

I have 3 of the of the first £2 coins all gold colour from 1995 the peace & good will ones from the 50th year of the D day landings got them from the bank in 1995 and they been locked in my safe ever since.
    They say they are rare as it is the only coin with the date on the edge of the coin.

3. stephenjames213

i only have one coin that is worth anything to me that was my grandads 2oz krugerrand, its in a very safe place near on mint to

4. Gazo

I have a few rare things put away.

I have a special bottle of Calvados brandy in a fancy box this was only given to veterans who travelled with Britteny ferries in 1994 for the 50th year of the D day landings.
    The box has all old black & white photos of the landings on the beaches a real special item.
    I know alot of the vets opened there bottles on the trip over and binned the bottles & boxes
    I was lucky to get my hands on one and have kept it in mint condition ever since.
    I wonder what the Brandy taste like does it get better with age or does it go off as I have had it 18 years

5. stephenjames213

my self thinks that it would shore put you on ones back side or a visit to a&e , man that would be strong ,, i watch a tv program (the pawn shop) they had a bottle of brandy i think a old war one in a box was worth over £1000

6. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

That brandy will get better with age mate, I don't think it goes off but I'd be happy to test it for you;)

7. Gazo

Just checked on line and to buy a new 3 year old bottle of this cost £50 now for 700ml this one I have is 1 litre and 18 years old :) its apple brandy ..so abit like cider then :hp-beer: