1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

foot wear

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Matt, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

i use various types of boots when I'm out it all depends on the weather/terain...

my first choice is a hiking boot (something with good ankle support) you dont have to pay threw the nose for these as you can pick up a good quality pair for around £30
    my second choice is a good old pair of wellys (main problem with these is they don't keep your feet very warm ) so you have to wear plenty of pairs of sock,s or buy some sea boot socks ...

what boots do you wear guys?

2. bigstancwsw

bigstancwsw Snare & Trap expert

Good old fashioned para boots or wellies.

3. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

live and die in my wellies or my dr martins 18's

4. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

i wear traditional timberlands. most people just wear them as a fashion item but they're actually a good all rounder. i wear them to work or when im doing outdoor activities. they take a bit of breaking in though

5. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

Pair of good hiking ankle boots, pair of wellies with thermal welly socks. £5.99 a pair from "The Range" and worth every penny. Geoff. :hp-beer:.

6. kwakamonkey

kwakamonkey Quite Talkative

used to wear a pair of scarpa sl attacks i got nearly 20 years ago . wlaked the west highland way 3 times in them and in the end i wore them to work. still got them now . sole is almost worn through but i cant bear to bin them and i dont think they are worth resoling as they are all scored and worn on the toe area too .

i also used to wear army issue high leg boots . they were so comfy that when they worn the sole almost through i tried to get them resoled but due to the way they moulded the sole on the shop said no

7. HoboHubz

HoboHubz Quite Talkative

I use Lowa Patrols (like slippers) & Addidas GSG9s not impressed with the GSG9 only had them 10 months & they're split already !

8. Darren1

Darren1 Slightly Talkative

German army Gore-tex mountain boots made by Lowa i think,dead comfy,or a pair of U.S jungle boots

9. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

I got 2 pairs of HI-TEC Magnum boots one pair in realtree and one pair in black.

10. stephenjames213

i would like to see the realtree versian as they sound smart, when i used to do security in plymouth dockyrd i uses to wear magnums and must say vey nice boot to wear for 12hrs

11. Gazo

I will do a pic later, I have had them for years but only worn the realtree ones twice I think so they still like new.

12. Gazo

HI-TEC Magnum Realtree ;)

Attached Files:

13. stephenjames213

there smart mate i have my eye on a pair

14. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

best you get your ass along to a bushy event and muddy them up a bit mate ;):D

15. The Caretaker

The Caretaker Quite Talkative

I have a couple of pairs of boots but have found both of them lacking in one way or another :( the Doc Martins leak like sieves! :( and the other boots a no name from Ebay are not as bad but I have found walking through the longer stuff with morning dew about the dew hits your legs and runs down the inside into the boots! :( I eventually bought myself a set of gaiters and that did the trick.

16. trrichter1972

trrichter1972 Slightly Talkative

Great Boots as well
    HAIX BLACK EAGLE SAFETY 50 HIGH

1 shot willie likes this.
  17. 1 shot willie

1 shot willie Site Manager Staff Member Site Donor

Hi Tobias.

Can you put a link up to the boots?......and also tell us why you like them and chose them?

18. trrichter1972

Her i got the link for the UK

https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-black-eagle-tactical-2.0-high-black-gtx

I love them for the fact

i am out off the entertainment business (cirque du soleil ,festivals, heavy rescue)most of my days there i had to walk and work in this boots for 12hrplus 14 days in the row sometimes on tarmac but most of the time bigger gravel as ground in temperatures from minus 32c to plus 36c
    I dont remember to get any blisters even if i got them brand new out off the box for 5 pairs in 7 years

again sorry for miss spellings and ....

19. trrichter1972

20. cariocarj01

cariocarj01 Slightly Addicted

Foot wear is a very chalenging thing to me on the winter here in Norway. I allways freeze on my feet and head. To the head i have a thick wool bonnet and is ok.
    To my feet i haven't find yet one pair of boots that keep it warm if i'm not moving and is relatively comfortable to walk.
    I bought some and tried two pairs of wool socks but i wasn't enough.
    I keep searching.