1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

get your friends !!

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by Matt, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

ok guys we could do with some help getting some new members on the forum ...so go out and spread the word..matt

2. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

Myself and Mr zitt, put in a request on another thread for some car stickers, which I think would be an excellent way of recruiting,

I myself wouldnt mind one for my van (a larger one) so its easy for people to see as Im doing my work!!!!

3. Matt

if you want to look into getting some made mate .....feal free;)....send one down to me mate :D

4. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

when i go and get bushrats new bushy jumper i will get 100 car stickers priced up

5. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

sound!!!!!

6. HillBill

HillBill Very Addicted Site Donor

Your gonna struggle recruiting. No forum likes another forum being advertised ( unless they are unrelated of course).

You could try recruit US shrafters from bushcraft USA, they like talking to us brits, but the forum can be hostile to us because some of the mods are up there own backsides and they dont like us. A few brit knifemakers have been banned just for showing pics of their work, i'm not one of them though. :)

Best to get to bigger meets as a group and have a banner up advertising who you are etc, have your own little corner to camp in and just mingle. :)

7. Matt

we have a few meets planned which i hope will draw in a few new members (experienced/ or new) to the forum ....i like the feel of this forum where we are all friends trying to breakaway from the normal day to day grind of suburban life once in a while.....

i think your plan of going to some of the major meets here in the UK and just wandering about handing out fliers and wearing tea shirts with the site address on is prob going to be the most effective.....

8. Matt

what we have to remember is the site has only been open for 4 months.....in that time we have gained 116 members from nothing ...i think we just need to get the members we have to start participating in the site (posting) and the rest will come in time guys

9. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

anybody fancy coming along to some of the shows this year then? i'll happily come along and represent the forum, ill target the younger audience and one of you golden oldies can aim at everyone else haha???

10. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

give you golden oldies !! im shore we can have a chat and see if we can come up with something i have a couple ideas knocking around in here some where

11. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

I keep inflicting my re-found passion for bushcraft on my mates but so far not much luck, they just think I'm getting more crazy than I was:D

I'd be up for a car sticker though;)

12. Kernowek Scouser

Kernowek Scouser Quite Addicted Site Donor

Having missed a couple of Plymouth meets, due to working most weekends, I did actually manage to get up to the Footsteps of Discovery RV, near Truro Friday night through Sunday morning.

There were between 50 -75 people there, quite a few ex army, some 'proper' bushcrafters and one hiking backpacker (me).

It was a right laugh, I met some good people, picked up a few skills, carved a spoon and more than drank my weight in alcohol.

In conversation, the question 'So what sites are you on?' often came up. Everyone seemed to be a member of BCUK and/or Natural Bushcraft (as am I) but when I mentioned The Bushcraft Forum, most people would say "Yes, but which one' the rest would just stare blankly and shake their head. The one guy who had found this forum apparently encountered some issue when trying to register and gave up. I advised him to try again and encouraged the other folks who had not heard of this forum, especially those based in the south west, to come and have a look.

No idea if my efforts will boost membership, but as Matt and co are regularly organising meets up Plymouth way, plus the summer and winter events, which are the kind of thing a lot of the folks I spoke to are keen on, my mentioning them may encourage some to come and have a look.

You wouldn't have a problem with an influx of glampers, gucci geared up to the eyeballs, would you ;)

13. Matt

well done mate ....you may have spoke to bigstan whist you were there as he is a member on this site and he asked me if i wanted to join him at the event....but unfortunately i couldn't get away ...

mate we welcome anyone to the site ..if there interested in what we do and what we are trying to do i don't care what there wearing..

14. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

Good on ya M8 for spreading the word, speaking for myself ya i bet we could bring them up to a bushy level in no time