1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

good offers

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Matt, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

2. HillBill

HillBill Very Addicted Site Donor

They look ok for mooching about in the woods. Quality comes with a price tag though with boots. Wonder how long it will take them to fall apart.

Saying that, i had a pair of £30 Hi-tec boots that were probably the most comfortable i have ever worn, they were lightweight and lasted a good couple of years.

These have gotta be worth a punt at that price though :).

For me, boots and sleeping bags are the most important bits of kit. If your not in one, your in the other, so it pays to buy right. :)

3. Kernowek Scouser

Kernowek Scouser Quite Addicted Site Donor

These may be cheap and cheerful, but they were included in at least one Top 5 list last year.
    Walking.org | Top 5 Walking Boots 2011

They are certainly the cheapest of the five listed (by a long chalk) and according to the review, fairly waterproof, so for the price they are definitely worth a punt.

I imagine if you did any serious walking in them, the soles would ware down fairly quickly, but then that is true of most boots/shoes that don't have vibram soles (well it is for me).

As I do do a fair bit of walking, I do go now for boots with vibram soles and you can easily spend a fortune on otherwise average boots, that have such soles. But if you shop around there are bargains out there.

I picked up a pair of Karrimor Orkney 5's for £29.99 in the Sports Direct sale, good chunky soles with decent grip, have proven to be waterproof in heavy rain and mud, easy to clean and VERY comfortable to ware. I try to walk at least five miles, every other day (and at least ten miles one day a week) and they haven't failed me yet or shown signs of wear and tear. So I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who does a fair bit of walking.

But for anyone just looking for a decent outdoor boot, to amble about in, at £13 the FTD's would definitely get my vote :goodjob:

4. Leif

Leif Extremely Talkative

I just bought a pair of Karrimor orkneys off Amazon for 40 quid reduced from 170 quid - and they are comfy!! My lad has had a pair for years and they've never done him wrong!