1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Hammock camping last night -6C

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Woodland, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Woodland

Woodland Extremely Talkative

Took a mate of mine camping in some woods near Chesham, Bucks last night. I was using my hammock and army arctic sleeping bag and my daughter lent may mate her hammock and (luckily) 5 season sleeping bag. Luckily we had taken ground mats to keep the underside of the hammocks insulated.
    We went to get some water at around 2am and I felt the cold as soon as I was away from the fire. As I went to get in my hammock at around 2.30 I could see frost glistening off the flysheet. When we were inside and in our sleeping bags my mate checked on his phone and told me that the temperature in the closest town listed was -6C. Probably the coldest that I'd ever camped out in and difinately the coldest weather I'd ever slept in a hammock. Both of us got a good nights sleep and kept warm. But worth being a bit cautious if you're heading out in the next few days.
    14012012.jpg 14012012(001).jpg These were taken around 8am this morning

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

so it was a tad chilly out there then mate :)

3. bigstancwsw

bigstancwsw Snare & Trap expert

There is no such thing as bad weather only poor preperation. I learned this many years ago before i ever needed it.

4. ReubenBushcraft

ReubenBushcraft Quite Addicted

Five season sleeping bag?

5. woodstock

woodstock Quite Addicted

Artic