1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!' started by Vault, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

I'm a member of my local forum nzairgunners and all our members were invited here by member "ex terminator".

I'm mostly an airgun hunter and so ended up joining the Active shooter website but I'm also experienced in the New Zealand bush from years of Deer hunting in my past, i enjoy camping and tramping and bushskills are very important to have, if it all turns to shite we'll be relying on ourselves to stay fed and warm so I'm in the process now of aquiring some new outdoors gear and getting ready to teach my son how enjoy the great outdoors, stay warm, survive and how to hunt and fish etc.
    I've had a look around this website as yet but I'm assuming that's what it's all about.

Anyway formalities out of the way, Nice to meet you All
    Regards

Darren

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Welcome to the forum Darren great to have you on board.

3. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

:welcome: again Darren, It's almost Midnight Sunday evening here so many of the members will be in the land of nodd, but will repond to your welcome tomorrow. Only the reprebates will be up now. Cheers for now, Geoff. :hp-beer:

4. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

ok Geoff mate.

Goodnight all

5. Woodland

Woodland Extremely Talkative

Welcome mate from a reprobate:). Nice to have someone from so far away here. Looking forward to hearing about the NZ bushcraft side of things.

6. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

Hi Woodland, good to be here.
    Im interested in learning how we each do things around camp such as building bivy's, what plants are used for things as pain killers although that will depend on which country we are most likely in, but also things such as which plants to use for mosquito replants, sunscreen etc.
    Also how do each of you locate North if you loose a compass or don't have one.

If you ever get lost in New Zealand bush always remember Moss grows on the south side of a tree.

I look forward to reading through the threads here and seeing if and what I can contribute.

7. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

welcome darren glad to have you join us , pull up a log :D

8. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

welcome Darren good to see you joined us mate :D.. I'm looking forward to hearing about the NewZealand bush

9. Bryan

Bryan Technical Support Site Donor

Hi mate, welcome to the site :)

10. The Caretaker

The Caretaker Quite Talkative

Hi Darren and welcome mate

11. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

welcome to the site darren. be good to compare the different ways we all do things depending on our country

12. Vault

Vault Very Talkative

Thanks Elliot, what type of fish is that in your photo, it's a big one whatever it is, some kind of carp ?

13. elliott92

elliott92 Very Addicted

yes mate its a mirror carp i caught at my dads lake. i hear you have some pretty monstrous fish in new zealand?