1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

home made stuff ...........

Discussion in 'Bushcraft It Yourself' started by Matt, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

whats the best bit of kit you have made at home or in the bush????? and how did you make it ????

2. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

You know mine lol.

3. marklovell

marklovell Slightly Talkative

A table with bench seats.

No photos, unfortunately - but essentially:

2 tripods, strengthened horizontally, 2 cross-members between, slats perpendicular to the cross-members, giving you the table. With the lower half of the tripod, same principle for bench seats. We had 4 adults sit on it without collapsing.
    If y build a cooking fire nder the tripod, it will suspend a pot over the flames too.

All made from 'found' wood and ivy vine (mostly!) to hold it together.

I'm camping with the scouts this weekend, might see if I can get them to make one and I'll take some photos. Failing that, a diagram! (it is due to rain /all/ weekend!)

4. megga

megga Extremely Talkative

Well not a bushy thing, but i did make it at home. Its a frames tool for work (I work fo BT) not allowed to say how i made it as its going into production.
    I won an ipad and was entered for the ideasUK awards, and won the tec trophy
    ideasUK Idea of the Year
    Now it was last november, but its a chance to brag :)
    Now the best bit is, i'm no tec guy, i gave the ipad to the mrs because i cant use them.

But i have just made a beer can stove, not very good though, but still playing with ideas as this bushy stuff is all new to me.

5. HillBill

HillBill Very Addicted Site Donor

I made a pole lathe in the woods a couple of years back, it worked too, after a fashion.:)

6. wildwoodsman

wildwoodsman Slightly Addicted

80% of my kit is homemade, don't belive in buying kit when with a bit of imagination and practical ability it can be made, also I am lucky enough to have the knack of seeing something once and then replicating it, gasification stove knifes axe saw leather work cattys pouches bow and drill firesteel billy can all of it home made, I think all I have bought or been given is hammock, tarp, rucksack, laplander saw, and I think thats it the rest I have made or modded from something else :)

7. ReubenBushcraft

ReubenBushcraft Quite Addicted

Non-bushy, but I'm working on a bi-plane from a 20mm shell and a little destrpyer called HMS Brittania.... Not a real detailed one, just the hull, two turrets and a wee command area :)