1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

My idea of good camping/bushy clothing

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by stephenjames213, Jan 4, 2012.

1. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

Here is a kit list on the clothing you will need starting from bare body, you do not have to go out and spend the earth for kit, just remember this in not a fashion show it’s all about what’s warm and comfy .

I would suggest starting off with a comfy pair of “pants” and a good pair of walking or thermo socks ,a vest for the relay cold weather ,then a nice pair of tactical or combat pants and for them cold winter days I would suggest a pair of leggings as a third layer,( the bonus that leggings can bring if you are the walking camper and like to hike they can stop you from getting what I call “hikers thrush” the Rubbing of ones legs together .)I would then pick a tactical shirt or a nice comfy breathable t-shirt , you can follow up with a nice warm fleece or the other choice would be a fleece lined parka jacked this saves you money and the hassle of packing two jackets . for those that will be on short camping/bushy trips I would say take a poncho during the summer or winter because the British weather never goes to plan. It’s a good idea to have a bob hat /jeep hat for them cold nights when in the sack to keep the warmth in, a nice pair of cotton mitts would benefit your hands… The most important thing of all is your shoes ,don’t go out and buy anything and I would stay away from buying over the internet your best off paying a few shops a visit trying on boots and walking around and see how they feel for you, not every pair will suit every one if you get my understanding?, pick a pair that are good for walking and the terrain you will be living on for the day, weekend or maybe longer, it’s always good to have a spare pair on hand…… My advise would be to keep the clours of your kit to light greens,olive,woodland etc because if like me and enjoy tracking and spoting wildlife you will not have a chanse in a bright red top...

No matter if it’s good or bad weather I would say always carry a spare kit with you as they say “you never know”.

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Your right preparing and having the right kit can make your time outdoors much more enjoyable.
    Be prepared get it right and your have a good time.