1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

My Soulpad Bell Tent

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Matt, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

2. woodstock

woodstock Quite Addicted

I had never seen one of these until the Plymouth meet I was impressed with how much space you have even in the smaller ones, for a static camp these are superb, Don had kitted his out with rugs table and bed oh and dog baskets

3. Kernowek Scouser

Kernowek Scouser Quite Addicted Site Donor

I'd never seen these up close before either. they were rather impressive. I liked Don's answer to my question "How many people can you comfortably accommodative in your tent then?"

"One"

:)

4. paulnb57

paulnb57 Slightly Addicted

I really quite fancy one of these tents, almost yurt like in practicality, Id be interested tomhear other peoples views on them.....

Paul

5. Biff the Bivvy

Biff the Bivvy Slightly Talkative

i have a 4m hybrid with built in chimney flap(optional) then went for a frontier portable stove ,easy to tranport,bangs out the heat,stayed out in lows of minus 18 in Scotland last winter lovely and toasty.no extra cost for chimney unlike all other more permanent heavy burners from soulpad,belltent etc.also check out the chimney heated water boiler that clips on .brew water at any time of the day ,result .Loads cheaper than other stoves,works superbly........kept me and pals tea'd up and toasty in 8 inches of snow..

6. woodstock

woodstock Quite Addicted

I lived in a yurt from Nov till March bloody hell it was cold and they are a lot thicker than the soulpads so not sure how they would fair even with the log burner, I used to stock my fire up before i went to bed around 10pm as it starts to get baltic after midnight but it was still - 7 or 8% during the night the coldest was about -17 that was cold we mostly stayed in bed only getting up to put more wood on the fire

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  7. Scorny

Scorny Very Talkative

Hi Paul,
    I have recently bought a soulpad 4000 ease (with the sewn in groundsheet) to replace my 4m bell tent that I imported from Pakistan a few years ago that died a grisly death from mice inside my barn.
    The soulpad tent, along with a blaze stove is great. really easy to erect and pack away. I bought it really so that I can camp out in customer's gardens when I am restoring their stone floors. The only drawback to these tents is the weight and bulk of all the gear you need.

8. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

The OP's original link has disappeared, and I, as ever, am late to the thread!
    Have just ordered after a heck of a lot of research, a Blacks of G Solace 1, their 4 metre bell tent and porch.
    SoulPad were at one time high on my list, & look like good tents, and their "showroom" is not far from me. However, when I asked to come and see one there (nothing is better than seeing a tent), the letter I had back was not helpful, saying they were shut on Saturdays and I should make an appointment, which is precisely what I thought I was doing. Signed "with soul"............mmmm.
    B of G have been phenomenally helpful with all my questions, and the whole spec. looks good; but can't really tell until I see it.
    It's to be used as a base when canoeing, and give my partner a little more room than the GC Standard with extended fly is the weather is poop. On my own, I use the lavvu. It's all new to us as we are predominantly sailors, surrounded by plastic on an unstable pitch!!

9. 1 shot willie

1 shot willie Site Manager Staff Member Site Donor

Hi Lol.

Not the best approach to make a potential sale :(

"Welcome to the bushcraft forum" :welcome:.....please take a minute to introduce yourself in the Welcome section and tell us a bit about you and your travels.
    This gives the forum and its members the chance to welcome you properly.:thumbsup:

Look forward to your input.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  10. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Thank you.
    Not a lot to report, interested in too much to have any knowledge of any of it.

mark wilson likes this.
  11. 1 shot willie

Im sure you may pick up some tips and tricks on the Bushcraftforum that may interest you:thumbsup:

Please introduce yourself in the welcome section;)

12. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

That's told me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:( will do

13. 1 shot willie

:rofl::rofl:...Hi lol.....sorry if that came across as a bit blunt.....its the way we do things as a forum.

It will also give you the oppertunity to read the forum rules that are in the same section.

Thank you for understanding :thumbsup:

14. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Not at all!:) Have done as instructed, sorry told. Nope, advised!!:thumbsup:.
    It's all good, thank you!!!

1 shot willie likes this.
  15. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

16. Matt

Old post mate

17. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Cheers Matt, I know. I thought I'd deleted my comment -obviously failed- as I had made a comment earlier about the link.
    Still be nice to read though....;)

18. Matt

content will be visible fairly soon Bryans looking at the link for us

19. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

:thumbsup: Thank you!

Matt and 1 shot willie like this.
  20. Matt

holy shit just looked and the post is 5yrs old :eek:...time flys :)