1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

New Tent

Discussion in 'Camping' started by Cavatina, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Cavatina

Cavatina Extremely Talkative

What should I expect to pay for a double skinned 2/3 man tent. Where's the best place to buy one. I live in South Wales. Geoff. (Where does one get a pint?)

2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

the easyest place for you would be argoss ..........prob around £30-60 .......................matt

3. Woodland

Woodland Extremely Talkative

Terra Nova Quasar is about £500 for the basic version. Great tent, various versions available. Would stop a hurricane in it's path. Obviously these are on the other end of the scale from Matt's Argos tents, which are great for festivals during dry summers ;)

4. Shady

Shady Extremely Talkative

i found a double skinned 2 man pop up somewhere... it may have been e-bay costing around £70.... i am not 100% sure where i found it tho but hope you drop on some luck ;)

5. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

hi geoff , if your looking on a two man tent for ones self ? there are a couple good value for money tents out there and are more then up to the job.

you have; colemans coastline plut two man in green or grey from £50-£60 on where you get it from, this tent is a very good tent and will last you a couple years with alot of space for one man and his kit.

colemans coastline 4 deluxe four man ten in green or blue , price from around £150-£200 but amazon have a deal with one at £116, this tent looks to be a little home from home having you two bedrooms with a living space t pop up the table so to say and have a brew.

grand canyon indiana 8 man tent in ston or sand , priced at a bargin £196 . If like matt and you like your bell tents this is a good start off if money is problem of finding £300-400 for the cotton version , so this tent is very big stands up well against the weather and fights back by not leting the rain or wind get the better of him... for one person tho it would be like sleeping in a empty swimmingpool so plenty of room for you ,your kit and a living space to fine dine in.
    [h=1][/h]
    [h=1][/h]

[h=1][/h]

6. john hill

john hill First Post

7. 38thfoot

38thfoot Slightly Addicted Site Donor

Before you buy a tent consider what it's going to be used for?

Carrying it yourself long distance expeds - it needs to be high quality and light - it will be expensive

Unloading it from your car complete with blow up beds, collapsible kitchens and other home comforts - it will need to be much bigger, probably much heavier and could but won't necessaril be cheaper.

You could do worse than going to Go outdoors and seeing a range of tents both packed and unpacked. The staff are actually pretty good guys and generally don't seem to oversell expensive mountain tents when simple pop ups will do.

In the car camping category I would go for an air beam every time as they are ace!

I've got four tents and they all do different things!

8. jambo

jambo Slightly Talkative

the tentipi is a great tent but it costs a lot but great for all round weather espeacialy winter camping i have the safir 7 brilliant tent

Matt likes this.
  9. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Backpacking/synthetic: if you do want to spend too much, look at the Decathlon site. Tents are well thought of and keenly priced.
    Want something more serious but wish to save a bit? Look at NearlyNewTents...surplus Vango/Force 10 tents.
    Cotton? consider second hand/vintage, or new for a ridge tent and lots of money, see BCT and Force 10..........
    Cotton /canvas is my preference, but expensive new, and heavier to carry.
    Consider "38th foot's" opening comment well..........
    Also loads of reviews of tents on UKCampsite........

10. jambo

jambo Slightly Talkative

i have just got my tentipi safari no 5 brilliant tent but very exspesive
    had it 2 mounths now been up the highlands with it no trouble at all great tent

11. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

sorry, should have said at the start, "DON'T want to spend too much"....., but the site wouldn't allow editing.....

12. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Going off piste with the op question, but inline with the thread title......i have been lucky to just acquire a lovely condition Vango/Muta force 10 mk4 classic...... can't wait to try it out☺

13. lee

lee Slightly Obsessed Site Donor

Without pics we can't believe you :rofl:

14. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

:);):sneaky::thumbsup:..........ha!ha!....but ain't goin' to happen as can't upload pickies here. That and that I have yet to take any.....!!

15. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

Ha Ha!

16. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

upload_2017-1-14_16-12-33.png [​IMG] Gawd only knows whats happening....sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  17. lee

Nice, (I eddited your post to show the pic ;) )

18. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

How doojoo that!
    I can't work out how I got any picture there, nor could I edit my post:mad:
    Good stuff, thank you.

Hellish quick to set up, and set up neatly...... really nice for one, pretty good for two, hopeless for three!!

Ian likes this.
  19. lee

One the pic is loaded select full image next to the thumbnail

You can't edit a post after 10 mins has expired.

20. lol

lol Extremely Talkative

All a bit witchy for me:evilstare:................