1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Programme to maybe watch!!!!

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by fishingwalkies, Jan 9, 2012.

1. fishingwalkies

fishingwalkies Slightly Addicted

Sunday 7pm on channel 4 is a programme in which Hugh Fearnley Wittingsall.............(correct spelling????) asks 3 hungry men to travel from Devon to Lands end....Not far I know!!!! but they have to do it whilst not exchanging any money for anything they need (food etc)

Although this is not "totally" bushcraft I would assume that a lot of the things these lads will eat will be foraged/caught/trapped etc etc

and I would also assume that some methods of cooking will be used out in the open etc

and a lot of the time as they cannot stay in hotels etc I would assume that camping will be a main method of sleep!

It may be just enough to give some people a few hints and tips, and a little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

2. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

hugh has done alot of thing like this in the past ,,he used to do a tv programme where he lived on a barge (cant remember for the love of god the name), used to tap in to trees for drinks, pick wild food etc

3. Shady

Shady Extremely Talkative

i have set a series record on sky plus so i will give it a watch

4. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

mate that sounds a bit like yours and shady,s trip down for the bushy event :D

5. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Just watching it on 4 + 1 not bad so far is worth a watch.

6. bigstancwsw

bigstancwsw Snare & Trap expert

I know a few Dartmoor farmers and they would not welcome strangers like that sheep farmer did.

7. Shady

ok i watched it.... matt your description is innacurate, the milkfloat they drive (daisy) is faster than my mondy!! :D other than that it is like our trip to devon... trying to find a petrol station is bound to be a challenge when the fuel light comes on!!

8. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

you will be OK mate you will have fishingwalkies with you navigating...

9. Shady

i hope he brings a map and compass for when the satnav directs me into a field...no, really i went to yarmouth and coming back it took me into country lanes and tried to tell me the way home was through a gate, so i followed direction and ended up in the middle of a field!!