1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

quick baked spuds

Discussion in 'Bush Tucker' started by Matt, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

before you put the spuds in the fire ...chop them up into slices about 10mill thick then rebuild the spud putting a slice of onion and some butter between each slice then wrap the spud in tin foil/or several large Green leaf,s and place around the edge of the fire ... they will cook in half the time an unsliced spud will ...

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Tried this in the oven earlier for tea and they were very nice, but bet they taste better on an open fire.

3. Matt

i just looked at the time and date you replyed to the thread....at that exact time i was cooking 1 in my log burner at the bushy:D

4. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Great minds mate :)

5. Matt

you can also slice up some garlic to put in between your sliced spud.......very tastey