1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Rate Me

Discussion in 'Kit Chat' started by stephenjames213, Mar 21, 2012.

1. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

So guys this aint a person rate but a kit rate, marks out of 10 , 10 being top marks , likes about the bit of kit and the dislikes .
    I will kick it off

Standard ex army basha :
    I rate this 8/10
    Likes: This has proved to me to be a top peace of must have kit,while it's light weight and water proof very easy to set up and can be used from a sleeping shelter to a stretcher .

Dislikes: only have two dislikes one is that it could be a little bit bigger,
    and it could be a little cheaper for what it is.

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Few things I would like to rate.

3m x 3m DD tarp I would say 9/10 my only dislike was the price for what it is. £25 would have been more realistic, which would knock £10 off the RRP.

Morakniv Companion MG Clipper Knife (Carbon Steel) 10/10 I do have one issue with it that the blade discolours and rusts easy but I knew this before buying so not really an issue, well not enough to mark it down. For £10 you won't find a better bushy knife, holds it's edge well and easy to sharpen to shaving sharp.

3. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

i agree 100% with steves comments

4. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Czech army bedroll 9/10

After using my Czech bed roll for the first time I must say they are warm, on the Sunday morning we had a sharp frost the field next to us was white and the water on my tarp was frozen but was well warm. I never even thought about the cold to be honest.

It lost a point as it's big and bulky and heavy compared to a normal sleeping bag but I guess it's worth that to keep warm.

But I will be getting a normal bag for the summer as this would be way too warm.

but at £10 it's a bargain and would recommend it for sure.

czech army bed roll - Camping - Sleeping - Sleeping Bags - czech army bed roll - MilitaryMart.co.uk ( HoodsUK ) (same company selling them on ebay)

5. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

The best bit of kit I have is myself. I know my weak points and my strong points, always willing to learn and overcome problems and adapt and apply myself to any situation I'm in. I dont wear out very easly, I've got a good guarantee and always come through. My word is my bond. If I were to rate myself in a bushy situation it would be 7/10 as there's always room for improvement. And it was free.