1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Rocket Stove

Discussion in 'Stoves' started by Rob, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

Was bored and nothing to do (ha ha) so decided to make a rocket stove using a gas bottle and some copper pipe i had kicking around, not quite finished yet as got to fabricate a pot stand, you wouldnt want to carry this very far its heavy due to being filled with sand for insulation, could have used something lighter but i had sand, waiting for all washing to be picked in before i light it up, will keep you up to date. 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

looking good so far mate .....cant wait to see it going....

3. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

well heres the update, as the name suggest its certainly a rocket, it eats the fuel, you have to constantly feed the fire, not one of those stoves you can go away and leave for a while, it does belt out the heat though. 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg

would i build another one if the price was right, was good to do one, but i think ill keep my other bottles for something that doesnt require attention as much as this one

4. Ian

Ian Site Manager Staff Member

They were selling similar stoves at my local army surplus/gun shop a while back. I thought they looked interesting but glad I didn't buy one now after what you've said.

5. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Robs other gas bottle stoves are good Ian, if your gunna buy one talk to Rob about it.

Nice job with that Rob that is one big copper tube but bet it keeps warm for a while with the sand in it.

6. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

ya prob could be used as a rocket stove sand filled hot gas bottle for ya bivvy,:)

7. Ian

I've been talking to Rob about it mate, trouble is the gas bottles I've got are even smaller than that so they would be a very mini stove but I hope to get some down to him soon.

8. Matt

bring your bottles to barrys meet and i can drop them to rob for you on my way home...

9. Ian

That's what I was hoping mate. Maybe I should have spoken to you about it first though:eek:

10. Matt

no probs mate I'm sure you mentioned it some where along the line:)