1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

Swapped silva mark iv prismatic compass

Discussion in 'Swaps & Freebies Archive' started by kwakamonkey, Jan 20, 2012.

1. kwakamonkey

kwakamonkey Quite Talkative

hi there
    i have for swaps or sale a silva mark iv military prismatic compass

specs as follows SILVA MARK IV is a prismatic precision sighting compass meeting the high demands from defence forces and professional users all over the world. The compass is constructed to withstand very tough conditions. To prevent losing the chosen bearing the MARK IV is equipped with a clamping screw (CS) that effectively locks the bearing set on the graduation ring.

- The compass is constructed to withstand very tough conditions.
    - Liquid filled capsule with a unique self adjusting function.
    - Transparent compass card of temperature tested special plastics.
    - Top scale for direct reading.
    - Sapphire jewel bearing on pivot with hard metal tip.

Technical Specifications:
    MARK IV Military Compass, Polycarbonate
    MARK IV Military Compass, Metal

SILVA Mark IV is available in various graduations:
    360 - 0-360° true magnetic bearing
    64 - 0-6400 mils true magnetic bearing.

Sighting system: Sighting through glass prism. Adjustable focus of the prism.

Compass capsule: Transparent compass card. Top graduation for direct reading. Sapphire jewel bearing on pivot with hardened metal tip. Extra strong magnet for a quick settling time.

Housing: Housing in temperature tested special plastics with green shock absorbing rubber cover. MET-models: Housing in a light weight metal construction. Lid of durable polycarbonate. Index ring and lid window in glass.

Accuracy: Max +-0.5° from true magnetic course with precision sighting.
    Max +-2.0° from true magnetic course with direct reading on top of the housing.

Illumination: Self powered betalight illumination with a useful life of approx. 15 years.

Dimensions: Diam. 63 mm. Height: 35 mm. Weight: 140 g. MET-models: 190 g.

i have the all metal one . and no leather case . my one is in degrees i.e 360 degrees rather than mills

it was one we used to test other mark iv's when we were building them at silva uk.
    the one i have has some damage to the hinge of the sight . its been like this since it was made back in 2003 .
    here is some pics of it

com 2.jpg com 3.jpg com 1.jpg

have not found any for sale other than this one
    230723916489 on eblag

as mine has some damage id like to swap for either a good variable power scope for a rifle or £100 inc post . I may be tempted by other offers lol

Paul

2. kwakamonkey

kwakamonkey Quite Talkative

this compass has been taken . thanks for looking guys
    paul