1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

strange but nice!!

Discussion in 'Bush Tucker' started by Matt, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

ok guys whats the best tasteing meal you have been able to get together out in the wilds......what was it? how did you prepare it?......

2. Gazo

Gazo Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

Think it was that Curry Steve found on that curry tree :)

3. Leif

Leif Extremely Talkative

Magpie - fried tasted like roast beef

4. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

mine would have to be a sea food meal i knocked up fit for a king when camping on a beach

5. Matt

mine was snake!!!...(whilste traveling threw spain) ....tasted like chicken:D

6. stephenjames213

stephenjames213 Technical Support

strange well would have to be frog eyes and ox balls while working in st peter port hotel (british isles) and i can say was very very nice

7. Leif

Leif Extremely Talkative

Ox Balls ...............

A friend of mine is a food critic and was on a touring holiday in spain. One day he visited this small village and as the waiter in this resturant for the local delicacy, the waiter told him to come back at 6 in the evening.

6 o'Clock he went back and was serves a meal with the meat portion being bullock balls - it was fantastic and he complimented the chef who said, "Senior when the bull loses the bull fight we cook up its testicles and this is what you have eated,"............ anyway long story short at the end of his trip he went back to the village for the same meal he liked it so much (cant remember what it was called) anyway as before he was told to go back at 6 which he did and was served the meal again this time however the meal wasnt quite the same and although he enjoyed it he mentioned this to the waiter who shrugged and said, "Senior sometimes the bull has to win!" :eek: :D

8. rick812

rick812 Extremely Talkative

garlic snales in germany was alright after a few beers

9. BushRat

BushRat Slightly Talkative

My dad cooked me razer fish but tricked me and said it was pork :mad:,, but it was nice;)

10. mark2191

mark2191 Slightly Talkative

freshly shot rabbit roasted over an open fire on a spit

11. Rob

Rob Very Addicted

Mine would have to be rattle snake, skinned the big mother and bbq it, made a babies rattle from skin and tail bit :)

12. wildwoodsman

wildwoodsman Slightly Addicted

spit roast pheasant, with a stirfry consisting of oyster mushrooms, fathen, sea kale and sorrel also rabbit poached with apples and blackberries, (the cider I stewed it in wasn't foraged though lol) ;)

13. Matt

sounds nice:)

14. woodstock

woodstock Quite Addicted

Right, Horse steak/France and Germany/pickled snake,/Germany,Frogs legs in/ frogs leg land, rook pie,/Scotland, Stinkhorn,/Wales.wood lice,/England, Frog spawn /Scotland, I was 3 at the time I was also eating worms,dirt and beatles around the same time so im told, Just honing my taste buds I say.

15. Xylaria

Xylaria Slightly Addicted

16. flints

flints Slightly Talkative

mine was a hare . I had been out all day in the late 60's and had shot a hare. while making my way home I met a mate just going out for the pigeon flight so we went up to the haunted farm ,set up a fire and roasted it. I was starved. it looked a bit burnt on the outside but it was marvelous, I still remember the juice running down my chin .

17. instructor

instructor Quite Talkative

Mine was Fresh caught Perch and crayfish, I baked the Perch and boiled the crayfish, free and very tasty food.