1. Welcome To The Bushcraft Forum!

Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum, a friendly site for bushcraft and survival enthusiasts, registration is quick and easy and absolutely free.

We have a wide variety of features available to registered members so please take the time to register and join in the discussion. We restrict the viewing of certain areas of this site due to the nature of some of the topics, all these areas are available to registered members.

To register, simply click here.

winter bushy my version of events.....

Discussion in 'South West' started by Matt, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member Site Donor

After much planning the day for us to leave for the site was upon us we had people coming from all over this fine country.
    picked Steve up and loaded his kit into the Jeep (which was bursting at the seams)
    headed out to the site whilst we were driving the phone started to ring... it was shady he was at the meet point already!! he,s keen I thought .

drove the Jeep into the field and unloaded the kit then went back out and loaded shads kit into the Jeep and ferried him and Lil plus there kit onto site ...

Steve and myself started to put up our various tents whilst shady started to erect his tent ....a couple hours later the camp was taking shape and shady& Lil were still putting up there tent!!! ....

bullseye turned up and started setting up the camp in the woods and the zitt clan joined him and set about getting set up...

myself and Steve got the fire started...and got the kettle on a well earned brew was needed....
    we wandered down to see the guys in the woods and id just like to add they had made a great camp .

the weather was sunny and clear but there was a biting cold wind ...

gangsta and phoebes turned up and they set about putting up there block of flats in the field...

meanwhile shady had finished putting up his pop up tent...

this is where the happenings in the camp get a bit blurred guys as there were so many people coming and going it was hard for me to keep track on what was going on lol...

Stan arrived and dropped of a few bit,s of kit took some photo,s and was then off again (to return later)

I nipped down to the farm to fill the water containers and to get a bag of spuds to go with our tea...whilst I was there I asked the farmer if we could buy a couple of his guinea fowl to which he replied "yea but I need to show you which one,s to shoot"...
    so I made my way back to the camp to round up the posse!!!!

meanwhile Geoff turned up and we got him unloaded into the camp area and the guys set about helping him to get his kit sorted .....

the posse headed back to the farm and under the instructions of the farmer we dispatched 2 guinea fowl for our tea and nick set about teaching shady how to prepare the birds for the table ....

Steve started the curry and gave shady a job of stirring the stew pot.... which he promptly emptied onto the floor...(from that point he was know has shady spiller)...

I must add guys the curry was one of the best I've ever tasted (complements to the chief)

we all decided to get an early night as the wind was picking up and it was dam cold ....

after a toasty nights sleep in my tent we got up to a fried breakfast (supplied by Geoff) shady and Lil had decided there tent wasn't up to the job and they moved house into Steve's spare tent they then nipped to tescos to get some extra quilts to try and keep the cold out ....

some of the guys had there bushy tats done ......

I know I've missed out some stuff but I thought the guys involved in the goings on could add there own version of events and there take of the event ...

i would like to thank all the guys for making the event a success ....Steve I couldn't have done it without your help mate .....bullseye thanks for taking charge of the woodland camp area......

hope to see you all at the summer event.........matt